Thursday, July 30, 2009

What's the best (and cheapest) way to study interior design?

I am extremely interested in studying interior design, but have no intent in making a career out of it.

What's the best (and cheapest) way to study interior design?
I visit local homebuilders model homes to pick up ideas.
Reply:If you mean an informal study then go to furniture stores and see how they do their rooms. Yes, as mentioned visiting open houses of new homes is a great idea. I learned a lot from my interior decorator by having her do my living room window treatments. She was a fountain of information and I asked her every question I could think of. She even helped me pick the paint color and paper for my walls. I like magazines and looking at the books in Barnes and Noble. It's really a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment