Thursday, July 30, 2009

How does one get into fabric/textile design?

I am an artist and many people have suggested I make my art into fabric or rugs.





But, I have no idea how to go about getting into that industry. So, I am curious about where to find those kinds of jobs. Or, where you can take classes in it. Or pretty much anything else about that industry.





I guess I would also be interested in things like gift wrap design and wall paper design as well. I don't know if they are part of the same industry or not!

How does one get into fabric/textile design?
Virginia Polytechnic Institute offered art degres in textile design at one time.





I don't know if gift wrap design, etc., are part of the same industry but it's certainly the same skills: design!





I would do an online search of textile artists and manufacturers and try speaking with some human resource people to find out what qualifications are needed.
Reply:The Savannah College of Art and Design has a Fibers major.





http://www.scad.edu/academic/majors/fibr...





Click on the Bachelors of Fine Arts link to the left to see what classes you have to take. There's also a course descriptions link. I think this is exactly what you're looking for.

flowers delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment