Thursday, July 30, 2009

How should you design a room around a sleigh bed?

How would you design a teenager's room around a dark oak sleigh bed?

How should you design a room around a sleigh bed?
Oh, how wonderful - I love sleigh beds. First, I would check with her (I am assuming here :o) that if is a "she" -about colors - or check her closet...is there an outfit in there that she likes to wear? What colors are in it? I would paint the walls the same as the outfit or if not then the wall that the bed is on I would choose to do in a dark green and the others a soft light complimentary color in a flat paint (light, soft colors would be my preference) - maybe even a simple stencil if she has a hobby or sport she likes. Paint is cheap and can be easily changed if she wants something later :o).....you don't say what is on the floor but if it is wood I would go with an inexpensive area rug - on the windows roman shades or maybe even balloon shades - on the bed pillows and her stuffed animals - make sure one wall is a "study area" that should include a place to post pictures and other important pictures of friends etc. and another space for her to have her friends in the room. Storage area is important and can even be "under the bed" with clear plastic flat storage bins. If there is room for a small sleep sofa for the overnights for friends is always a nice addition - some of the sofa beds now come with a storage area built in too...have fun doing the room!
Reply:I'm a teenager with a dark colored sleigh bed; my room is painted a light color and I have light, colorful sheets and pillows on the bed. For accessories and other room furniture, try to use pieces that aren't too stuffy or grown-up but are still kinda sophisticated. I know it's cliche, but pottery barn has some good stuff, I also like Bombay and Dania.

mothers day cards

No comments:

Post a Comment