Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What degree do I need for a good interior design job?

I am trying to decide between and associate of arts degree at a local community college or a bachelor's from the state college, but my husband would prefer not to move 6 hours away to the state college. Are there any interior designers who could give me info about the type of jobs I could get with an AA in interior design?

What degree do I need for a good interior design job?
Quite honestly, when it comes to interior design, it is less about the degree you carry and more about your talents.





The ONLY thing I would really take into consideration between the two different schools are the classes they offer. If there is something in particular you would like to specialize in that one school does not offer from the next, that would be a consideration. Otherwise, as long as you have a degree of some sort, your skills and experience will have more influence over your pay scale than anything else.
Reply:I agree, it's more of an earned reputation. I would focus on art composition classes and architecture/CAD [computer assisted drafting] courses, rather than a certain degree.


No comments:

Post a Comment