Friday, July 31, 2009

How hard is it to get into the Wedding Planning or Interior Design feilds?

I currently have a degree in Graphic Design, but I've been considering starting a Wedding planning buisiness or becoming an Interior Designer. I plan to go back to school either way, but I don't know anyone in these fields. So I'm wondering how hard it is to get into these fields and be succesfull. I have a little experience doing both and think I'd really enjoy either one.


Thanks in advance!

How hard is it to get into the Wedding Planning or Interior Design feilds?
By Interior Design, do you mean commercial or domestic?





I'm a commercial interior designer, and generally it is not a difficult industry to enter, but you won't get far without the skills and/or qualifications.





Domestic Interior Design is a difficult business as so much of it is about building a customer base and word of mouth. Once you have a good reputation, you can go far, but getting there can be a very long journey.





If you really, really want this, then be prepared for some very hard (but rewarding) work.





Good luck





Slim.





Additional :


Domestic - You are employed for your creative ideas, but then have to adapt/amend/concede to the ideas of the client, however good/bad there taste is.





With both, budgets are relative, but you can get to do some cool stuff if you're lucky.





I could personally never do domestic, as I could never stand in front of somebody and tell them that there ideas are OK when I really think they stink (don't mind doing it with commercial as it's rarely personal)





Slim.


No comments:

Post a Comment