Friday, July 31, 2009

How do I go about getting a "Graphic Design" Agent to find me some design work?

I'm a Graphic Designer/ Advertiser looking for work and I was wondering how do I go about finding an Agent/Agency to represent me and find me some design work? I live in the Chicago Metro area, and I am looking for specific places that I can contact and place my portfolio in with the office to be shown to potential clients. Any help/information would be most help full. Thanks very much too all who respond.

How do I go about getting a "Graphic Design" Agent to find me some design work?
The yearly art and graphic design book that you can find in barnes and noble and other major bookseller- look in the referance section. softbound-about 24.00. lists agents, clients,magazines,booksellers,galleries etc. that hoire designers and artists-how they pay,accept art,gives you portfolio ideas and presentation help-a bible for people in the trade...good luck
Reply:Just create an online portfolio and market yourself. Try your local Craig's list. And you can also try temp agency like The Creative Group (TCG) and interview with them. Be prepare to take some test on your design skills and speed. Good Luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment