Friday, July 31, 2009

How do you recreate the design at bottom of jeans?

I've managed to hem my pants and I would like to know how to recreate the original design that all jeans have on the bottom. I have tried sand paper but that doesn't work. Its hard to find a website that has this information. Thanks in advance.





Also, the whole reason why I alter my own pants is because I'm 5'5" and they don't make 28 size pants - the lowest I've seen has been 30. I am not going to spend 60$ on another pair of jeans because the ones I altered are not ruined, just need to recreate the look. I understand that NO ONE knows how, however.

How do you recreate the design at bottom of jeans?
Very lightly with a fine point knife, scissor or mat knife (mat knives work best) go around the edges. Only the edges get as little denim as possible. This should create as small ridge as you like, the rough the hem up with some goldrush colored paint which will give them a shine but a dirt scuffed look.


No comments:

Post a Comment