Friday, July 31, 2009

How promising is the graphic design field in terms of jobs?Is it worth Time and money getting a degree for it?

I already have a bachelors degree and I got a chance to get familiar with Photoshop/Image ready/Illustrator/Flash and I really liked it. I am not able to find a job in my own field (OMIS) and thinking to get a certification in Graphic Design field. Do you know if it is worth to spend 2-3 years and the money? I already have tried to get a job in the GD field as either an intern or a low entry level but no luck by now. Does the certificate help?

How promising is the graphic design field in terms of jobs?Is it worth Time and money getting a degree for it?
I would not recommend graphic design degree unless you are passionate. 2-3 years is too long. Otherwise it is very easy to learn photoshop etc in your spare time with the millions upon millions of tutorials out there. The best way to show your talents is to play around with photoshop and create a website to showcase your work. use this as a reference in your resumes so employers can view the site. also use your graphic artistry to tamper with the look and feel with your resume. certificates are useless unless you have actual work to prove it with.
Reply:What is your Bachelor's degree in?


No comments:

Post a Comment