Monday, May 24, 2010

Help with graphic design project- personal identity within team?

I have a project for my graphic design degree where we are put in teams of 6 and have to work together to produce an A2 board for each person, depicting their identity/personality. Everyone must work as a group and produce equally high quality work for everyone to pass. This has it's problems. Can anyone suggest ways to help encourage everyone to work together and turn up to all arranged meetings, and also ideas as to how to go about making a team identity and the A2 boards, a little out of the ordinary?


Also, how would one go about keeping a creative log?





Any ideas and tips welcome. I'm not cheating or out of ideas, I have some already. Just looking outside to other people's opinions and ideas! Many thanks in advance.

Help with graphic design project- personal identity within team?
The first thing you can do is tell them that you aren't going to pull the weight for all of you. Demand their participation. If they still don't pitch in, you're going to have to speak with your teacher by letting her know that some within the group are not participating. I know no one wants to be a snitch but no one should have to do group work by themselves. This is your grade. If you're forced to, you have to put yourself first.





As far as the project goes.....the first thing that comes to my mind is, maybe you can find something that you all have in common like a band, singer, movie, TV show or even a favorite artist and go from there.





Not knowing the full aspect of your project, I could be way off but these are things I think of when I have projects like this. Make it something meaningful throughout the whole group.


No comments:

Post a Comment